La Relance Technology Service
LRTS is a charity that collects, repairs and refurbishes computers and IT hardware under the federal program: Computers for Schools. Coming from both public institutions and the private sector, surplus computer equipment will then be donated and distributed to schools, libraries, non-profit organizations and early childhood centers in Canada. LRTS is such a great example of the Computers for schools program that 53 different countries visited the established since its beginning to understand its recipe for success.
Chief Executive Officer
Training and Information Technology Supervisor
Reception and Expedition Supervisor
Sales, Marketing and Communications Supervisor
LRTS distributed the 10 000th computer to the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.
LRTS received EPRA accreditation for refurbishment.
LRTS received a gold certification for recycling industries, businesses and institutions (ICI ON RECYCLE!).
LRTS was celebrating the 300 000th refurbished computer. Two donations were given publicly to the adult education center La Génération and to Marie-Louise House in Ottawa.
Development of a partnership with the “Jeux du Québec” which took place in Gatineau. We provided computers to the organizers of the event for athletic performance analysis.
We were proud to announced the distribution of the 1 000 000th computer since the beginning of CFS at Ottawa York Street Public School. We were pleased to say that we prevented one million machines from being thrown into landfill sites, or recycled under less than ideal conditions elsewhere in the world.
LRTS in partnership with CFSQ, contributed to distribute the 175 000th computer. A celebration tooked place at Ahuntsic School.
In 1993, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and the phone Pioneers assembled to create the CFS program (Computers for Schools). The Canadian National Centre (operated by the government) was responsible for refurbishing computers and distributing them.
In 1998, the creation of Computers for Schools Quebec (CFSQ) influenced La Relance Outaouais to become involved in a similar project. In 2000 it took charge of the Canadian National Centre and renamed it Computers for Schools Technology Centre (CFSTC).
In 2009, the CTOPE changes name once again and became La Relance Technological Service (LRTS). It then adopted an ecological and environmental management policy for all of its operations which will complete its goal of becoming one of the leading sustainable companies in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.
La Relance Technology Service (LRTS) strives to achieve the highest standards of environmental performance, collaboration with communities and sustainable development principles that connect the environmental, social and economic aspects of its mission.
This commitment is made by clearly demonstrating that we are accountable for environmental issues through the effective implementation at all levels of the environmental management system.
We make sure to:
- Diligently comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards and, if possible, surpass them. In addition, we systematically and periodically assess our compliance with legal and other requirements;
- Collaborate and communicate with local authorities, communities, governmental and non-governmental organizations and other partners or stakeholders to promote environmental protection;
- Identify, evaluate and responsibly manage risks and opportunities for employees, suppliers, partners and others outside the company;
- Set targets for continuous improvement of our environmental performance, allocate resources to meet these objectives and communicate our results on a regular basis;
- Train and develop the skills of our employees as well as inform our suppliers of effective management and accountability of environmental performance to ensure their adherence to this implementation;
- Limit the impact of our operations on the environment through the efficient use of natural resources. Measures will also be put in place to limit or prevent pollution and reduce waste;
- Plan, implement and improve operations to integrate the concepts of sustainable development and provide innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
Management and its staff are committed to continually upgrading their environmental management systems in order to improve their environmental performance.
Certification: ISO 14001
Integrated Health and Safety System and Environment
Send us a notice to improve our environmental performance.