La Relance Technology Service
LRTS is a charity that collects, repairs and refurbishes computers and IT hardware under the federal program: Computers for Schools. Coming from both public institutions and the private sector, surplus computer equipment will then be donated and distributed to schools, libraries, non-profit organizations and early childhood centers in Canada. LRTS is such a great example of the Computers for schools program that 53 different countries visited the established since its beginning to understand its recipe for success.
Chief Executive Officer
Training and Information Technology Supervisor
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Sales, Marketing and Communications Supervisor
LRTS distributed the 10 000th computer to the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.
LRTS received EPRA accreditation for refurbishment.
LRTS received a gold certification for recycling industries, businesses and institutions (ICI ON RECYCLE!).
LRTS was celebrating the 300 000th refurbished computer. Two donations were given publicly to the adult education center La Génération and to Marie-Louise House in Ottawa.
Development of a partnership with the “Jeux du Québec” which took place in Gatineau. We provided computers to the organizers of the event for athletic performance analysis.
We were proud to announced the distribution of the 1 000 000th computer since the beginning of CFS at Ottawa York Street Public School. We were pleased to say that we prevented one million machines from being thrown into landfill sites, or recycled under less than ideal conditions elsewhere in the world.
LRTS in partnership with CFSQ, contributed to distribute the 175 000th computer. A celebration tooked place at Ahuntsic School.
In 1993, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and the phone Pioneers assembled to create the CFS program (Computers for Schools). The Canadian National Centre (operated by the government) was responsible for refurbishing computers and distributing them.
In 1998, the creation of Computers for Schools Quebec (CFSQ) influenced La Relance Outaouais to become involved in a similar project. In 2000 it took charge of the Canadian National Centre and renamed it Computers for Schools Technology Centre (CFSTC).
In 2009, the CTOPE changes name once again and became La Relance Technological Service (LRTS). It then adopted an ecological and environmental management policy for all of its operations which will complete its goal of becoming one of the leading sustainable companies in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.
The STLR is a division of La Relance, which aims to achieve the highest standards of environmental protection, the satisfaction of compliance obligations and the continuous improvement of its SST-E integrated management system.
This policy applies to all activities, products and services associated with the collection, repair and refurbishment of computers and their peripherals in facilities located at 45 Sacre-Coeur Boulevard in Gatineau (factory) and at 950 Ages drive in Ottawa (warehouse).
Our Environmental Commitments
- Respect diligently the laws, the regulations and the applicable standards and estimate in a systematic and periodic way, our conformity with the legal obligations and with the other requirements ;
- Communicate with suppliers, local authorities, governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as other partners and stakeholders of the organization in relation to the relevant elements of our environmental management system ;
- Identify, assess and responsibly manage risks and opportunities related to environmental aspects, compliance obligations and other issues and other needs and expectations of interested parties ;
- Set objectives for the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, allocate the resources necessary to achieve these objectives and regularly communicate our results ;
- Train and develop the skills of our employees as well as inform our suppliers about the sound management of the environment and the importance of improving environmental performance ;
- Limit the impact of our operations on the environment through the efficient use of resources and put in place measures to prevent pollution ;
- Plan, implement and improve operations to integrate the concepts of sustainable development to offer innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
Management and its staff are committed to continually improving its environmental management system to improve the performance related to the management of environmental aspects.
Certification: ISO 14001
Integrated Health and Safety System and Environment
Send us a notice to improve our environmental performance.