We offer PAID INTERNSHIPS as part of the Technical Work Experience Program (TWEP), an initiative of the Youth Employment Strategy (YES)
Ready for a big challenge?
Each year, STLR aims to refurbish 24,000 computers. To achieve this, we need help. Thanks to the Technical Work Experience Program, we are able to offer paid internships on an ongoing basis. This is the perfect opportunity to polish your computer problem solving skills while contributing to an environmental and social mission.
IN 2018-2019, 87% OF CFS INTERNS HAD FOUND AN IT JOB ONE MONTH AFTER COMPLETING THEIR CONTRACT
The TWEP is an initiative of the Youth Employment Strategy (YES) of the Government of Canada. The objective is to allow graduates to gain practical work experience. In addition to sharpening his knowledge, the student gets additional training on site and support in their job search efforts. At the end of the program, his or her application becomes more desirable to employers.
- Have a college diploma or have completed at least one semester of a post-secondary program (preferably in an area related to computer science)
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or have been granted a refugee status
- Have the right to work in Canada
- Be between 16 and 30 years old
- Do not currently collect Employment Insurance (EI)
- Be able to obtain a certificate of good conduct
- Be bilingual (an asset)
STLR subscribes to the Employment Equity Program and encourages women,
visible minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Dismantle desktops and laptops;
- Repair and refurbish computers and laptops;
- Configure and diagnose operating systems;
- Install and test software;
- Design software images for duplication;
- Check and update the basic I/O system;
- Proceed to secure erasure of data;
- Perform verification and quality control;
- Work on the supply and distribution of computer parts;
- Sort and test donated equipment;
- Prepare computer equipment for shipment.
Workplace : 45, boulevard Sacré-Cœur, Gatineau (Québec) J8X 1C6
Work Schedule : Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 15:30 (fixed-term contract)