PACKING CLERK – RECEIVING AND SHIPPING AREA
Would you like to work with a young and dynamic team?!
Would you like to work and have a positive impact on the environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Service technologique de La Relance (STLR) would like to meet you!
WHO WE ARE
The STLR is responsible for collecting used computer equipment from the federal public service in the National Capital Region (NCR), refurbishing it with the help of Computer for Schools (CFS) interns, and shipping it to provincial and territorial affiliates across Canada. To date, the STLR has refurbished nearly 1.5 million computers, saving 400,000 tonnes of greenhouse gases.
WHAT YOUR DAYS WILL LOOK LIKE
Reporting to the Receiving and Shipping Supervisor, the incumbent is primarily responsible for the packaging and shipping of computer equipment. You will be responsible for:
- Assemble merchandise, record the contents by hand or computer, package items for shipment and apply identification labels and shipping or operating instructions;
- Sort, pack, prepare and package materials and products according to orders and shipping instructions;
- Performs thorough cleaning and complete packaging of computer equipment;
- Observe packing rules specific to the nature of the operation;
- Use automated plastic packaging equipment;
- Ensure the proper maintenance of the packaging/dispatching area;
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Receiving and Shipping.
Required training and knowledge
- Ability to handle fragile materials;
- Good physical ability to handle heavy loads;
- Concern for cleanliness and aesthetics of work performed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Know how to read and write,
- High school diploma or any other diploma deemed relevant,
- Meet criminal record security standards (mandatory).
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS
Status: Full time, 35h/week.
Salary: According to the salary norms in force at La Relance.
Social benefits: According to the provisions of La Relance’s working conditions.
Are you interested in this position? Send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Stéphane Camirand before October 16, 2020.