SORTING CLERK – RECEIVING AND SHIPPING AREA
Would you like to work with a young and dynamic team?!
Would you like to work and have a positive impact on the environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Service technologique de La Relance (STLR) would like to meet you!
WHO WE ARE
The STLR is responsible for collecting used computer equipment from the federal public service in the National Capital Region (NCR), refurbishing it with the help of Computer for Schools (CFS) interns, and shipping it to provincial and territorial affiliates across Canada. To date, the STLR has refurbished nearly 1.5 million computers, saving 400,000 tonnes of greenhouse gases.
WHAT YOUR DAYS WILL LOOK LIKE
Under the authority of the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, your role is to :
- Receive, sort and store computer equipment according to established criteria;
- Maintain a list of equipment received and identify it with a bar code;
- You are responsible for the maintenance of the sorting area;
- Handles and dispatches equipment according to internal requests;
- Use manual lifting equipment for handling purposes;
- Stores, inventories, maintains and repairs transport pallets;
- Performs manual labour in other areas;
- All other tasks as requested by your immediate supervisor.
Required training and knowledge
- Good physical capacities for handling heavy loads;
- Initiative, flexibility;
- Sense of customer service.
Requirements and qualifications
- Know how to read and write,
- High school diploma or any other diploma deemed relevant,
- Meet criminal record security standards (mandatory).
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS
Status: 3 to 6 month contract, 35h/week.
Salary: According to the salary standards at La Relance.
Are you interested in this position? Send your resume by email to email@example.com to the attention of Stéphane Camirand before October 16, 2020.